Junmai Shu 純米酒
Junmai is a Japanese word for "pure rice." Junmai sake is brewed with only rice, water, yeast, and koji, and is free from added alcohol or other ingredients. Unlike Junmai, other sake will often contain additives like brewed alcohol, which can be used to modify the flavour and aroma, resulting in a smooth sipping experience.
Though Junmai is commonly viewed positively, other sakes not labeled as such are not necessarily inferior products. Experienced brewers craft sake through adding distilled brewers alcohol to modify and refine the flavour and aroma, resulting in an exceptionally pleasant beverage.
This is a great opportunity to experience and compare these remarkable Sake from some of the most renowned Japanese brewers.
Normally valued at over $72
1) Chiebijin Junmai Premium 720ml (Click here for image & Description)
- Taste Profile: Semi-Sweet, Light Bodied
- Alcohol Volume : 16%
- Brewery : Nakano Shuzo
- Origin : Oita Prefecture, Japan
2) Onigoroshi Junmai 720ml (Click here for image & Description)
- Taste Profile: Dry, Rich
- Alcohol Volume : 15%
- Brewery : Kizakura Shuzo
- Origin : Kyoto Prefecture, Japan